Saturday 5 January 2013

Fake Christmas in January

Every year I meet up with friends (Kirsty, Beth, Liz and Jenna) for our annual fake Christmas celebrations. Usually it is in November or December, but this year it has brightened up January. Kirsty was the host and allowed us to stay at her place in Minehead, and she cooked an amazing Christmas dinner. Beth made shortbread and Liz made a trifle and rocky road. Let's just say all the food was excellent and left us all feeling full even the next morning. I was spoiled rotten by everyone. Soap and Glory products were very popular this year.
Beth drove me to Cardiff from Minehead, where I met up with family for a meal to celebrate my dads birthday, which was on the 2nd January. We ate in Wagamamas.
Driving back from Cardiff to the Forest of Dean, we drove past a land slide in Monmouth. There has been a lot of rain (2012 was the second wettest year on record) which caused a lot of misery for people over the Christmas hols.
Anyway, tomorrow is Sunday and I will be packing up my stuff to head back to Milton Keynes, ready to start back at work on Monday. I'm quite keen to get back as I'm very aware not how much work I have left to do. Maybe one of my resolutions should be to work on weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment